Custom Search

Friday, June 20, 2008

Dedication

Kane is a handsome 7-year-old blue pit bull that was surrendered by its owner to the animal shelter where I volunteer. He's got some scars on his head and body which he probably got from some fights. Even if he's got a big head, Kane was so emaciated that his ribs were evident under his coat. I was cautious of him when I first laid eyes on him because he had this serious stance about him. Really, he would look at me straight into my eyes (what meaningful eyes he had!). But we instantly became friends the moment I gave him dog treats. It turned out Kane was such a loving and sweet dog. He also had manners: He never barked to get people's attention. He remained calm and waited patiently for his turn to be walked outside until eventually, permanently walk him out of the shelter to a permanent home.

This blog is dedicated to all the animals who are stuck inside a cage of an animal shelter, patiently waiting to be adopted and be accepted into a new loving "furrever" home.

No comments: